- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1/2 lb. bulk Italian sausage (or links with casing removed)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper (optional)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (12-inch) pizza crust or Italian bread shell
- 1/2 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1-1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria
Cook sausage, onion and, if desired, green pepper in large nonstick skillet 5 minutes on medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
Place pizza crust on foil-lined baking sheet. Combine pizza sauce and pepper flakes, if desired; spread evenly over crust. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with basil and cheese.
Bake in preheated 425°F oven 12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 28.8g
Saturated Fat 13.4g
Trans Fat 11.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.4g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 36RE
Vitamin C 7mg