- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 6 as a main dish or 12 as an sppetizer or snack
- 1 Tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 cups diced fresh red, yellow and green bell peppers*
- 1 (13.8 oz.) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Chopped cilantro or dried oregano (optional)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add bell peppers; sauté 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough onto a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray; press dough evenly to all edges of pan. Bake in preheated 425°F 8 minutes. Stir salsa into cooked vegetables; spread over partially baked crust. Top with cheese.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Cut into squares; garnish with cilantro or oregano if desired.
- *Use 1 each color small bell peppers, or to cut preparation time, purchase 3 cups diced mixed peppers from the supermarket salad bar.
Serves: 6 as a main dish or 12 as an sppetizer or snack
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 15.6g
Saturated Fat 7.4g
Trans Fat 1.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 233RE
Vitamin C 98mg