Cheddar & Apricot Stuffed Pork Chops
Celebrate the dawning of Spring season with this mouth-watering entree. A fusion of delicious Sargento Shredded Sharp Cheddar and Apricot, all stuffed in savory pork chops. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 4 (6 to 8 oz. each) bone-in center cut pork chops, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. apricot preserves or mango chutney
- 2 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
Cut a horizontal pocket in the side of each pork chop (or ask your meat retailer to do this for you). Combine 3/4 cup of the cheese and dried apricots; stuff into pockets and pinch edges together to close pockets. Sprinkle thyme, salt and pepper over chops.
Heat a 12-inch ovenproof skillet (wrap handle in foil) coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops; cook 4 minutes per side or until browned.
Combine preserves and mustard; spread over chops. Transfer skillet to a preheated broiler. Broil 4 inches from heat source until topping is browned and chops are no longer pink in center, about 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over chops; return to broiler and broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 40.5g
Saturated Fat 14.7g
Trans Fat 13.4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 13RE
Vitamin C 1mg