- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 12 large or extra large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- 2 tsp. bottled minced roasted garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. thin asparagus spears
- 4 green onions, sliced (1 cup)
- 3 - 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into strips
- 4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Provolone Cheese, halved
- 3 Tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
In a large bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper. Stir in Italian cheese and garlic; set aside.
Heat oil in a 12-inch non-stick oven-proof skillet (wrap handle in foil) coated with cooking spray. Add asparagus; cook over medium heat until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in green onions; cook 1 minute. Add prosciutto; cook 2 minutes.
Pour in egg mixture; cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, pulling from sides with a spatula each time the eggs set a little allowing raw eggs to move to edges and set again.
Place halved slices of Provolone cheese over the egg mixture and cook until eggs are beginning to set in center, about 5 minutes.
Place pan in a preheated 350°F oven. Bake 10 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Turn heat to broil; broil for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Slide frittata onto serving platter and cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 18.7g
Saturated Fat 6.7g
Trans Fat 4.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 345RE
Vitamin C 35mg